Stat counter

Saturday, April 3, 2010

808s and Heartbreak


This is definitely the best eight dollars I have ever spent. I bought this sweater at the local vintage store up the street from my apartment. As soon as I walked in, I saw it on the shelf and immediately thought of the 808s and Heartbreak cover (Kaws -- Great cover art). I bought it, and also remembered a picture my roommate had showed me of Kanye rocking a Lego creation by two young twins, Dee & Ricky Jackson (for examples of their work, as well as how my roommate and I created the heart ourselves, click here ). I figured a red heart would go great with the sweater and decided to order the pieces online for like two dollars and make my own. Although it is certainly an old trend in the fashion world, people give me a lot of positive feedback when I wear it out.


I decided to rock some brown corduroy pants with the sweater to provide some contrast. My inspiration for these came in the winter of 07 when Kid Cudi came to the Grog Shop for his first ever performance in Cleveland. He rocked some dope Jordan XIII’s with these brown corduroy pants. (For proof of this, click here to check out this flick on Complex’s website. I am in the left of the photo with my little sister and a few friends) At the time I thought it was more different then it was cool, but this past year I got really bored with denim and decided to grab a couple pairs of corduroy pants. They are really comfortable, and I wear them more often than not when I do go out.


On my feet are a pair of limited edition, G.I Joe Nike Vandals. The Vandals were first released as a basketball shoe in the mid 1980s. The G.I Joe pack is limited edition pack, and is one of my favorite pairs. The sweater and shoes are both very abstract, and go together well.

This song and video definitely expresses my mood when I go out in this sweater, as it is by the two rappers who inspired this outfit. Kanye rocks a pretty cool sweater in the video as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment