Stat counter

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Greatest Athlete Ever


This is a Chalk Line jacket created in the early 90s. Definitely one of my favorites. They just don’t make ‘em like this anymore, literally. The jacket is surprisingly warm and well insulated, and still looks great. When the Cool Kids came out a couple years ago, it was their retro look and rapping style that had me looking to obtain old school sports memorabilia (check out this track, which contains a smooth Chalk line reference). 90s basketball was the Golden Age of the NBA, with players like Jordan, Pippen, Barkley, Olajuwon and other old school legends dominating the game. With inspiration coming from the Cool Kids' constant rhymes about their old school starter caps and jackets and my love for 90’s hoops, I grabbed three or four old school jackets and about 10 snap-back hats from my favorite teams growing up. Below is some of my collection-


The colorful, larger than life Jordan prints and old school Bulls logo on the sleeves is what really made me fall in love with this jacket. After trying for years to land it on ebay, I finally got my hands on it a couple months back. All black Seven jeans help to complete the look. I haven't gotten into the whole skinny jeans look, but I definitely wear jeans that fit my waist now. Back in high school, you could catch me with my size 38 Miskeen jeans on my lean size 32 waist.
Once I received the jacket, I knew I had to go retro with whatever I threw on my feet. I copped these red and white Jordan I’s a few weeks back, and they have become one of the cleanest pairs of Jordan’s that I own. The mixture of patent leather and leather works great on the shoe, and even with the modifications it still retains its old school look and feel.


For those of you who say Kobe or LeBron are even in the same realm of Jordan (or Bird and Magic too for that matter), take a look at what this guy used to do to jog your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8M2NgjvicA
Michael Jordan is one of my childhood idols, so when I got a chance to visit Chicago last year, I made sure that I went to worship the Greatest while I was there (this was taken at 6 a.m before I played in a basketball tournament game at 10 a.m)

No comments:

Post a Comment