Stat counter

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Air Flight Condors


This outfit is one I had been trying to put together for a while. When I got the shoes, they instantly became one of my favorite pairs. They are re-released versions of the 1989 Nike Air Flight Condors in a funky 2010 color way. Beautiful, but hard to match up.

Luckily, I was working at Nordstrom and decided to visit Nordstrom Rack before work one day. I came across this nice, brown polyester vest, which was $20 with my discount. Originally I thought about rocking a flannel underneath it, but that seemed a bit cliché to me (all of a sudden everyone has got a flannel one these days) so I went on a search for a hoody. I came across this random, colorful hoodie (by the way, is it hoodie, or hoody? I say either one) in an Orange discount store, and snatched it up for $20. My favorite pair of pants, some golden Ralph Lauren corduroys (got ‘em for $30 on Black Friday sale at Dillards) compliments it all.

My mother said I looked like an “Athens kid” with the fit on, so I guess this is the Athens influence coming out in me. Living in Athens, Ohio and meeting different kinds of people at college with diverse types of style has definitely affected the way I dress. Back home at Shaker Hts, a lot of people dress well, but focus on the same labels, and eventually everyone begins to look like a clone. It’s been nice to get away to a completely different realm of Ohio with a different demographic as well, and feed off the vibe that emanates in this college town.

2 comments: