Stat counter

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Marvel Comics


I put together this fit during a summer trip to New York during the summer of '08. My family and I toured both New Jersey and New York, stopping for an experience at the old Yankee Stadium before it was demolished. We made our way through Harlem, where we found a strip of stores and I ended up blowing some money I didn't have due to my unpaid internship at the time. Luckily, I found this gem in the form of a cool t-shirt filled with Marvel Comics characters for $15. I grew up obsessed with the X-Men cartoon like many kids, and other comic book heroes as well.

The shirt features a compilation of characters, from Dr. Doom, to members of the Fantastic Four, to the Hulk, as well as X-Men characters. The mixture of the characters gives the shirt a very vibrant look, which is perfect in the hot summer weather. I always enjoy buying clothes from hole in the wall spots in other cities, and I am thankful I was able to find this shirt and matching Nike Court Forces in the same store.

These Court Forces caught my attention immediately due to the patent leather Nike check and the kente-inspired color pattern. The tan bottom is also a nice addition to the shoe. The kente inspired pattern gives the shoe a very In Living Color/Fresh Prince of Bel-air look. I often reminisce on the early 90s and what better way to do it then by dressing in clothes with themes and characters from my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment