Stat counter

Monday, May 10, 2010

Plaid Short

I prefer to have a splash of color in my outfits, and plaid shorts are an easy way to accomplish this. They are useful for many occasions: a golf outing, relaxing with some friends, or for a night out on the scene. Plaid shorts can easily spice up an otherwise dull outfit as well. They go well with a polo shirt, as you see me here with my peach polo shirt by Ralph Lauren. Usually I prefer a custom fit polo, which is tailored for a slim fit, however I saw this classic fit polo on sale at the Polo outlet in Aurora Farms and couldn't resist.


I usually rock sneakers with almost everything, and plaid shorts are no exception. On my feet are a pair of Nike dunk low. I pretty much avoided the whole Nike dunk movement for a couple years. I hate when everyone goes to the mall and buys a certain type of shoe; I try to go the opposite direction of generic trends. In high school, I avoided buying Air Force Ones (especially after Nelly bought 30 pairs in one song) until my senior year, and even now I only own two pairs of dunks. I decided to grab these because of the cool mixture of suede and canvas, and because of the smooth tan colored leather on the bottom, which gives the shoes a classic look.

2 comments: